I need a full game of this in my life :)
Monstronto Labs - Veggie Deathtrap
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
Help the wretched rejected hybrid vegetables escape from Monstronto Food's Experimental Vegetables Lab & Deathtrap in this masochistic 3D platformer.
Made in 50 hours for #HomeOfNerds game jam. Theme: "Dying is Good".
If you enjoyed the game, please vote for it here.
- Move: Arrows or WASD
- Jump: Spacebar
- Die: Hold Spacebar for 3 seconds
- Restart At Last checkpoint: R
- Quit: Escape
- Skip to next checkpoint: / (forward slash)
Vegetables' deaths have the following noble sacrifices:
- Tomato: Explode in a juicy red mess, shorting out any nearby electronics.
- Corn: Burst in an explosion of popcorn, destroying any nearby crates.
- Carrot: Fall dead and create a bridge that other vegetables can walk on.
Free Resources Used:
- Substance Share - for free textures/materials
- Soniss GDC Game Audio Bundle & Soniss GDC 2016 Game Audio Bundle (Free, Royalty Free License)
- Universal Sound FX 2000 free sounds
- Fonts: Bebas Neue (100% free), Agreloy (Public Domain), and Schluber (100% free)
- Texturetastic Gray texture by Adam Pickering, free texture
Tools:Unity, Blender, Substance Painter, Audacity
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
In the end the choice of escape was just an illusion. Really liked the game and it's weirdness :)
very interesting game I enjoyed and embraced the weirdness of this game haha
There was so much goodness in this. The corn explosion was so satisfying and then all of the hilarious floating text comments.
Carrot - "I'm having trouble seeing"
Tomato - "My bones hurt, wait I have bones?"
Definitely a very solid entry, though I've thoroughly enjoyed all of your past game jams as well. You got my vote.
Great game I loved it! Especially I loved faces :D like they're high or something:D