Monstronto Labs - Veggie Deathtrap
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
Help the wretched rejected hybrid vegetables escape from Monstronto Food's Experimental Vegetables Lab & Deathtrap in this masochistic 3D platformer.
Made in 50 hours for #HomeOfNerds game jam. Theme: "Dying is Good".
If you enjoyed the game, please vote for it here.
- Move: Arrows or WASD
- Jump: Spacebar
- Die: Hold Spacebar for 3 seconds
- Restart At Last checkpoint: R
- Quit: Escape
- Skip to next checkpoint: / (forward slash)
Vegetables' deaths have the following noble sacrifices:
- Tomato: Explode in a juicy red mess, shorting out any nearby electronics.
- Corn: Burst in an explosion of popcorn, destroying any nearby crates.
- Carrot: Fall dead and create a bridge that other vegetables can walk on.
Free Resources Used:
- Substance Share - for free textures/materials
- Soniss GDC Game Audio Bundle & Soniss GDC 2016 Game Audio Bundle (Free, Royalty Free License)
- Universal Sound FX 2000 free sounds
- Fonts: Bebas Neue (100% free), Agreloy (Public Domain), and Schluber (100% free)
- Texturetastic Gray texture by Adam Pickering, free texture
Tools:Unity, Blender, Substance Painter, Audacity
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Great game i love the style of this it feels a lot like Ben and Ed which i like sadly its a bit short. The character models are really nice they fit perfectly with the game and i love all of the little death animations. The puzzle solving is really nice but it needs more obstacles overall great game.
I know I'm late to the party, but this game really hit home with me! I've always had a soft spot for morbid 'different' platformers like Guts and Glory, Ben and Ed, etc. This one felt a lot like Ben and Ed with some art inspiration from Psychonauts, maybe? If it were a full game, I'd 100% buy it. The graphics were great, I loved the character models. The art is super smooth and really easy to look at. I really enjoyed the different mechanics that each character had. The different ways to solve the puzzles had a lot of promise and I could see them going even deeper into a larger game. I definitely want to see more of this and it'd be awesome if you planned on doing any more work with it! Thanks for making this!!
How do you even come up with something like this XD.
Neat stuff, pretty funny.
This is a great game! It really weirded me out at first, but that is some of my favorites! Really sticks to the brain! Hope to see more!
Multiplayer soon maybe?
Ha Ha Ha. Need more of this... :)
I need a full game of this in my life :)
In the end the choice of escape was just an illusion. Really liked the game and it's weirdness :)
very interesting game I enjoyed and embraced the weirdness of this game haha
There was so much goodness in this. The corn explosion was so satisfying and then all of the hilarious floating text comments.
Carrot - "I'm having trouble seeing"
Tomato - "My bones hurt, wait I have bones?"
Definitely a very solid entry, though I've thoroughly enjoyed all of your past game jams as well. You got my vote.
Great game I loved it! Especially I loved faces :D like they're high or something:D