This was an experience, WOW! You can create an abomination of a "human" in this and still somehow make it work....kinda! I absolutely loved playing this game, had me locked in until I finished (not with all coins though, I'm not some sort of patient genius!!). Lots of fun to be had, great work! :D Game play is below if interested :)
An Obstacle Course For Unconventional Humans
A downloadable game for Windows
Glue together human body parts to form your own unconventional human. Then put your unconventional human to the test in the obstacle course in this wacky physics-based game.
Made in 3 days for the Jamingtons 10 game jam. Theme: Reinvent the wheel. I used this game jam to learn Unity's new ArticulationBody physics. I had 9 hours of sleep each night of the jam!
1. Pick a torso and attach limbs and other body parts to the green attachment points via drag and drop. Hold the right mouse button when dragging a body part to rotate it. Press the letter next to a limb on your keyboard to see the action that limb does.
2. Maneuver your unconventional human through the obstacle course. See if you can reach the finish line at the 100m mark, and collect all 15 coins along the way. Press the letter next to a limb to use it. Press space to use all the limbs at once.
- Larger unconventional humans are heavier, and may be harder to move
- Spamming a limb's letter very rapidly may help in some cases. It can even let you fly if you hit it fast enough.
- Keep trying! The physics are wacky enough that you can pass the obstacle course. You can always go back and create a new unconventional human using what you've learned.
- Share your best builds in the comments. Screenshots appreciated.
Music: Krampus's Workshop by Kevin MacLeod, Link: https://filmmusic.io/song/5518-krampus-s-workshop, License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/; Sound Effects from the Sonniss.com GDC - Game Audio Bundle, and Universal Sound FX pack.
Secret Cheat Key: forward slash (/) will give your conventional human a push; usable every 5 seconds.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
if you use a macro to mash the keys this becomes a flesh rocketry simulator. :D
amazing, it would be great, if there were some 3axis joint rotations
Great game! Super fun to play and mess around with. You can go efficient, simple, or balls to the wall, which brings out the creativity in the player and allows them to try their own ideas and see if they work. This would be great as a larger game, maybe more levels or a puzzle aspect where you have to create different styles of humans to complete them, but that's up to you, dev. I made the perfect HUMAN WHEEL! Good stuff! Looking forward to more projects :)
Please check out my video and my channel: VladMan
Awesome video! Thank you for playing. The "headcrab" human wheel solution is one of my favs.
I rate 5 / 5 limbs , would def recommend
Some of the most fun I've had with a game in a long while! You can see how my playthrough went in my video for my Youtube! Thank you for sharing your art!
Thank you for playing and making a video! I laughed so hard watching your playthrough!
This game is already a really good time, with a bit more love I think it could go really far!
Puzzle based levels would be a hoot, maybe even leader board ghosts to race against.
Thanks! Yeah I was thinking of a soccer/football based level too - playing against AI trained opponents, or against conventional humans. A couch co-op race or sumo wrestling would be interesting too.